The main complexities of the sphere and the principles of a competent business promotion strategy.
Companies in the field of B2B do not work with ordinary buyers, but with other companies – they sell industrial equipment, advise, and develop dealer networks. This type of business can be successfully promoted on the Internet, but there are pitfalls here. In the article, we will figure out what the difficulties of the sphere are and how we in “EasyClick Studio ” bypass them, building an Internet marketing strategy.
Difficulties of promotion in the field of B2B
Possible problems in promotion are associated with the peculiarities of the B2B sphere – the principles and conditions of doing business here are not the same as, for example, in an online retail store.
Why is it more difficult for B2B companies to promote on the Internet:
- They usually offer a specific product. Commercial equipment, security systems, financial audit – such goods and services are needed not by a wide audience, but by a very limited number of other companies (which, moreover, may be heterogeneous). To sell such a product, it is not enough just to set up contextual advertising and optimise the site. It is important to work on brand reputation, create expert content and build an information field around your product – all this will help the company gradually gain authority in its niche.
Example of a B2B product – Power Generators.
- Decisions are taken for a long time. The cycle of concluding a deal between companies is long: an agreement can be concluded only six months or even a year after the first contact. This is due to the fact that on the client’s side, the purchase decision is usually made not by one person, but by a chain of employees – from the secretary to the top management. During the “maturing” of the transaction, it is important to maintain contact with the potential client and not rely on a quick result.
- Instead of direct sales – deals with dealers. Many B2B companies do not do retail sales. On the one hand, it is easier for the company: there is no need to be torn between production and sales. But there are also difficulties, because the efficiency of work and the conscientiousness of dealers must be monitored. It is also more difficult for B2B companies without direct sales to build a website, web analytics and a promotion system in general.
- In the end, communication decides everything. Multimillion-dollar deals are not made blindly, based on the materials on the site. The client will definitely communicate with the manager, and this is the most important link in the sales chain. Therefore, in the field of B2B, it is especially important to control the quality of the work of sales managers.
- The goal of online promotion for B2B is not always sales. Sometimes it is worth focusing on something else: to make the brand recognisable, attract new dealers, announce a new product on the market, etc. Therefore, it is wrong to judge the effectiveness of Internet marketing for B2B only by the actual profit. Even with a small number of applications, the benefits of promotion for the company can be large.
Features of Internet Marketing Strategy in B2B
A strategy is a comprehensive marketing plan for the near future, which is developed for a specific company.
- There is no separate way to draw up a strategy specifically for a B2B company; in any case, you will need to go through the standard steps:
- Conduct a market and demand audit;
- Analyze all aspects of the business – transaction cycle, product, geography of work, website and much more;
- Study the closest competitors;
- Determine the target audience and find places where it can be concentrated;
- Analyse all available advertising channels;
- Setting specific goals and making a plan – we have already talked about this in detail in our blog.
- The principles of working with dealers should be indicated in one of the sections of the site, if the openness of the conditions meets your policy.
- Segment the target audience: it is in B2B companies that it is most often heterogeneous. For example, a building materials manufacturing plant can sell bricks in bulk to individuals and at the same time cooperate with construction companies, architectural bureaus, and also build a network of dealers. If several different groups of consumers are interested in a product, each should be taken into account when promoting.
- Be sure to find out who the final consumer of the product is. End consumers are people who purchase goods from your dealers. They do not make a decision to buy from a supplier and may not know about it, but in product development, you need to focus specifically on their interests, expectations and needs.
- Find sites with target audience outside of search engines. This is especially important for the B2B sphere, because the product is most often specific and potential buyers are a rather narrow circle. Thematic groups in social networks, industry forums and portals, blogs and other communities can serve as gateways to the target audience.
One of the tasks of businesses with cyclical demand, such as beauty salons, barbershops, nail salons, is to retain and return customers. The more often the client comes back, the better.
Let’s explain: to preserve a beautiful hairstyle and manicure, you need to visit your master with some regularity. Let’s say in our example it will be 1 time and 2 times a month, respectively. However, what to do if the term for the repeated service has already arrived, but the client has not returned? How do you remind him to “trim the tips”?
There are several ways to do this, one of them is remarketing (retargeting is the same).
What is remarketing?
Referring to Wikipedia, remarketing is an advertising mechanism through which online advertising is directed to those users who have already viewed the advertised product by visiting the advertiser’s web page.
Surely, you noticed that after a while after visiting some commercial site, you start to see ads for this resource everywhere you go:
✓ on entertainment portals;
✓ in social networks;
✓ in applications;
✓ on YouTube, etc.
What are the differences between the platforms?
1. Placement of advertisements.
Each site provides unique placements. If you want to reach the maximum number of visitors to your site, use all available sites. Be sure to set a limit on the number of impressions for each customer to avoid backlash.
2. Available types of remarketing.
Search remarketing is a prime example. It is available only at Yandex.Direct and Google Ads advertising platforms, since these companies have their own search engines. This type of remarketing allows you to set raising or lowering rates based on data about your site visitors.
3. Available ad formats.
The ad format depends on which ad platform you choose. There may be several options:
✓ Text ad
✓ Text ad with background
✓ Banner (image)
✓ Gallery (multiple images and captions)
What does it take to start remarketing?
To launch remarketing, each of the sites requires you to install a special code on your site.
• for Google Ads – Google Analytics;
• for Facebook and Instagram – the Facebook pixel.
8 remarketing steps for Facebook pixie
- Set up Facebook pixie account
- Create your audience
- Use Facebook conversion tracking
- Set up your campaign goals
- Optimise your facebook page for better ads conversion
- Add pixie it on your website
- Track the right events for your business
- Start your campaign
- Do you want know more about Facebook Marketing? Follow us on Facebook
How to attract more clients to your medical business
Managing a private clinic is somewhat easier than any other business due to the fact that people come to the medical center anyway. No one is immune from diseases, in our life we get sick more than once, and often qualified specialists are needed to solve health problems. At the same time, not everyone trusts state polyclinics, so they turn to private medical centers. However, in order to extract the maximum profit from your clinic, you need to tell and remind about yourself. In this article, we will learn how to attract patients to a private medical clinic.
6 ways to attract clients to a medical centre.
The first thing to do to effectively attract clients to a medical center is to create a website and hire specialists to promote it in search engines.
About 60% of users today search for information on the Internet. If you are not there, consider that you are losing most of your customers. Develop a simple multi-page website detailing your services and benefits. This can be done very cheaply by using one of the website builders. Fill your web resource with content and optimise it for key queries so that your site is shown to customers who enter these words into a search engine.
Set up Google Adwords. After creating a site, it is logical to set up ads for it. Write a short ad that will show all the benefits of visiting your centre and post it in Google. This will greatly increase your chances of being seen by users and, as a result, will bring more customers.
Signing up on social networks is the easiest and cheapest way to attract clients to a private clinic or medical centre. It is absolutely free to create a group on facebook or an account on Instagram. You have to spend a little time creating a sales look and filling your new social pages with content, but it’s worth it. Modern users like to interact with brands precisely through social networks, since information from here can be obtained quickly and almost at any time. Don’t forget to answer questions in the comments and create useful and informative content that will both raise your expertise in the eyes of your customers and remind you of the benefits of buying healthcare from you.
Set up targeted social media ads. Define your target audience, fill up your ad account and create several ads. This will help attract subscribers to your community, and they, in turn, can turn into real customers.
Advertise on radio and television. If you are contemplating how to attract older patients to your health center, try more traditional methods. Buy advertisements on radio or one of the local TV channels.
Don’t forget about leaflets, flyers and pillars. Despite the fact that recently they have shown the worst results among all advertising channels, they can still be used. Distribute flyers in crowded places, install a pillar at the entrance with a description of your services and an arrow in the direction of the entrance, leave your business cards at the offices of partner companies.
Attracting customers through the website and social networks
In order to receive patients through the website and social networks, you will have to devote time to processing applications. Be sure to install a widget on your website group, with which a person can make an appointment with the right doctor at the right time. Modern users do not like to make phone calls, especially if the problem is delicate. Give them the opportunity to see a specialist without undue shame.
Another advantage of such a widget plan is the ability to receive applications at any time of the day or night. The administrator on the phone is unable to process client requests after the end of the working day. Meanwhile, more than 1/3 of applications are received during non-working hours. Widgets on a website or social network allow the client to leave their message and wait for a response. This way you don’t lose a patient.
Medical practice and beauty business development strategy.
It is not easy to open a medical center, but it is much more difficult to develop it correctly. Today, competition in this area has reached unprecedented heights. Everyone is trying to offer the best service at an affordable price. How to properly develop a medical center in such conditions? What to look for? In this article, we will provide answers to these important questions. Consider development from the point of view of promoting and attracting new customers.
How to develop a medical practice
You can hardly come up with something fundamentally new if you run a private clinic. The list of services and doctors remains unchanged from competitor to competitor, occasionally supplemented by new treatments and new specialists.
Therefore, in order to ensure the systematic development of a private clinic, you need to think about how to properly and effectively use what you already have.
Here are some ways to attract visitors, build sales and increase the profitability of your business:
Invest in an Internet presence.
Attract buyers from offline.
Optimise internal processes.
We strengthen our position on the Internet
Think carefully about the strategy for the development of the clinic’s website and groups in social networks. This will help strengthen your online presence. Remember that more than 50% of all users today first look for information about services on the network, make a choice and only then come to the clinic. To gain a foothold on the Internet, you will need:
Create a website if you don’t have one yet. Create groups in all popular social networks: VK, Facebook, Instagram, perhaps, in Odnoklassniki, if you plan to attract an older audience. If the site has already been created, do not forget to optimize it: make a logical structure, add navigation, fill it with quality content and speed it up.
Engage in SEO promotion. First, create an SEO concept by choosing keywords that are relevant to your topic. Remember that keywords need to be collected separately for each page! After that, enter the keys into the ready-made texts or create new content for the site. This is necessary so that your customers can easily find you in search engines. The work of collecting keywords and promoting is not easy, it can be outsourced to a specialized agency.
Set up contextual advertising. Write some powerful ads that will appear in the top three on the search engine. Do not forget to prepare the page in advance for receiving visitors: it must look perfect and convincing, otherwise you will waste your money.
Promote on social networks. Fill communities with informative content regularly. Publish more photos of real visitors to the clinic, tell about the competence of your doctors, post the current schedule and promotions. Don’t forget about targeted advertising: it is a relatively inexpensive way to attract customers. The main thing is to choose the right target audience.
Work through negativity and respond to positive reviews. Not all clients write reviews about your work only on your website or in specially designated places. They publish their notes all over the internet! Your task is to find all possible references to your clinic, thank you for your kind words and deal with the cases that caused the client negative. Reputation management is very important.
Email Marketing for Medical Practice
You should collect the base from different sources:
- Make an appointment on the site.
- Question to the doctor.
- Blog subscription form.
- Landing pages dedicated to promotions.
- White Paper (useful and interesting content in exchange for a subscription).
- Subscription via social networks.
- Offline subscription (data collection in clinics).
Each channel gives you a different audience by interest and loyalty. Therefore, use different engagement tactics for each segment.
For example, subscribers to White Pages send a series of letters highlighting all the possibilities and advantages of the clinic; those who were interested in a specific service – narrow recommendations and reviews; and from those who have already become a client, collect reviews.
Segmentation of client bases of medical clinics is the main condition not only for profitable email marketing, but also for maintaining reputation and customer loyalty.
1st segment: subscriber
Find out as much as possible about your followers. Among the first is to send a letter with a questionnaire. To determine gender, a name is enough, so in the survey you can find out about the age, place of residence, the presence and age of children, services that are of interest to a potential client, topics of newsletters, the desired frequency of mailings. You should try to offer ready-made answers. The questionnaire should be interesting and short, guarantee a bonus for participating in the survey.
Create separate mailing lists by gender, city, area of residence, services of interest. Eliminate irrelevant segments when planning bulk emails. Determine the nearest clinic by area of residence and use its details in letters for specific subscribers.
2nd segment: new patient
When the subscriber has become a patient of the clinic, enter the information on the order date, category and name of the service into the database. Use this for related offers, upsells.
Exclude from mass mailing lists those whose services contradict the promoted ones. For example, do not offer physical therapy to clients with cancer. Even if you plan to launch a promotion that meets the interests of all customers (general prevention), exclude from the lists those who have recently taken advantage of this offer. Pay special attention to the letters you send to VIP clients.
3rd segment: regular customers
Clients who are already undergoing treatment with you can be segmented by diagnosis, stage of recovery, and treating physician. Do not use direct information about the client’s problems in emails, do not interpret research data in emails, keep the right to confidentiality, but consider this information in your strategy. By segmenting the database based on patient symptoms, you can offer the most relevant additional products and services of the clinic, as well as useful content about new technologies, equipment, and medical practice in a particular area.
4th segment: recovery
Be sure to consider the recovery stage. For example, if a patient has overcome an illness, make sure that he does not receive letters about his treatment. Refocus his personal content on rehabilitation and prevention.
Pay close attention to your content strategy. Share useful expert information with subscribers. Use video content. Make the newsletter bright, interesting, but not inconsistent with medical paradigms. Remember to consider your symptom data. For example, if you are planning a mailing list about pediatrics, exclude from the list of patients who cannot have children.
We can help to get more visitors emails and set up email marketing campaign.
Develop tactics to reactivate inactive readers, as well as clients who have not visited the clinic for a long time. Emphasize the importance of prevention, offer serious bonuses.