RECOMMENDATIONS AFTER TOOTH EXTRACTION
- During the first 3 days after removal, you must not rinse your mouth and, if possible, do not even spit, because a vacuum forms in the mouth, which can displace the clot.
- The tampon left in the mouth by the doctor after removal is spit out after 20 minutes. Do not eat until the anesthesia ends
- For the first 3 days, refrain from hot food.
- Do not take fermented milk products for three days.
- For 5-7 days, refrain from activities that require significant physical exertion.
- In no case should the area of the extracted tooth be warmed up or compresses should be applied.
- Refrain from visiting the bathhouse, sauna, gym, swimming pool and solarium for 5 days.
- If removal was difficult, liquid and soft foods should be eaten for the next 24 hours. Chew food on the opposite side of removal.
- Within 2 days after tooth extraction, you must refrain from smoking and alcohol. If the doctor has prescribed antibiotics, do not take alcohol during all days of antibiotic therapy.
- Be sure to brush your teeth with a soft brush, including in the extraction area, taking care not to injure the hole. The more carefully you monitor the hygiene of the removal site, the faster it will heal. Gently rinse your mouth out of food debris after each meal with chilled boiled water. Do not try to clean the hole with toothpicks or matches!
All medications prescribed by your doctor should be taken carefully.
WHAT IS OK AND SHOULD NOT CAUSE YOUR ANXIETY
- In the first few hours after a tooth is removed, the gums may hurt and swell. The edema is well removed with ice, which is applied to the cheek; ice also reduces pain.
- Edema may appear. The swelling develops maximally on the third day. Bruises may appear. The swelling and bruising will go away on its own.
- The pain symptom is normal after any surgical intervention, it is necessary to use pain relievers as prescribed by a doctor, 1-1.5 hours after removal and then every 4-6 hours.
- Light bleeding is normal during the first hours after surgery, and saliva may be pinkish for several days. The bleeding may last longer if you are taking blood thinners or aspirin in the previous week, or if you have high blood pressure. If severe bleeding continues on the first day or any bleeding on the second day, see your doctor.
- The corners of the mouth may become dry and chapped. Moisten them with ointment. Possible exacerbation of herpes. The throat may hurt slightly and the temperature may rise.
- You will not be able to open your mouth wide for three days after removal.
SIGNS OF COMPLICATIONS IN THE EARLY POSTOPERATIVE PERIOD, AT WHICH YOU SHOULD CONTACT YOUR DOCTOR URGENTLY:
- Severe and prolonged pain that cannot be relieved by pain medication.
- Bleeding lasting more than 12 hours, heavy bleeding in the first 12 hours with a lot of scarlet blood.
- Numbness of the upper and lower jaws, lasting more than 2 days after the end of the operation.
- Severe edema, making it difficult to swallow and open the mouth.
- Temperature over 38 C.
The faster the healing process takes place, the earlier it will be possible to begin procedures to replace a lost tooth with an implant or another type of prosthesis.
Here are 10 reasons why you should choose the replacement of an extracted tooth with prosthetics using implants, abandoning another type of denture.
- You don’t have to grind your teeth. This is unpleasant and just a pity to spoil your own teeth
- You will save the jaw bone tissue from atrophic changes that occur when using prostheses.
- You can immediately place an implant instead of an extracted tooth, within one day.
- You don’t have to worry that an implant (unlike a removable prosthesis) will pop out of your mouth at the most inopportune moment.
- You will be pleased that implants, unlike dentures, do not distort the taste of food.
- You will not experience discomfort from the fact that food gets stuck under the crowns, and oral hygiene will improve.
- You will smile with confidence and know that you have a beautiful mouth, as the implant looks just like your own tooth. Aesthetics is important!
- You save money right away – as some types of prosthetics are more expensive than implantation.
- You save money over several years: after: 5-8 years, more than half of the bridges will need to be replaced, grinding even more of your teeth and spending a lot of money on new dentures again.
According to statistics, the consistency of implants is up to 90%. These are eternal, truly real teeth.