How important is voice traffic
Easyclick Studio professionals recommend you to think and prepare your website for a voice search.
In 2018 Google presented statistics according to which nearly 50% of all voice queries are for a local business or place. Nearly a third resulted in a visit to a website of a local business after making a voice search. Additionally over 50% of all voice searches occur while people drive their vehicles.
Requests can be categorised into searches for information about weather, navigation, video or audio, shopping, services, etc. In the first place are music requests, followed by requests to set alarm clocks, weather forecasts, queries to personal assistants like Siri or Alexa.
How to get more voice traffic?
Research your business long tails keywords
Purely voice focused SEO requires you to research and find out long-tail keywords.
There are four main areas to focus your website content on. Usually users ask for the following:
- I want to know: what are the aria awards?
- I want to go: restaurants near me?
- I want to do: how to make pancakes?
- I want to buy: best place to eat in Sydney
Make your website answer first
Shoppers have questions before they buy; the brands that can answer the quickest will get their business. To build a list of questions from keywords, we recommend the following tools.
- Keyword Tool.io: Nothing better than this neat little tool to quickly find local keywords in question-form. Just type in a generic keyword related to your business/brand/product, and choose the ‘questions’ button on the dashboard to filter down to keywords in question-form
- Google search
Create a list of your Long Tail keywords and Questioning Keywords.
For a blog or a page header it is suggested to use keywords such as: Best, Cheapest, Close, Local, Instruction, Information. On a page it is good to include: Where to buy, Internet-Shop, How Much, Warranty keywords.
Create Questions and Answers section
Firstly analyse users’ voice search behaviours. To do this, you can use tools such as SEM RUSH or Google Analytics: regular expressions that match specific keywords and keys that contain questions. Regular expressions look for queries that have more than five words.
Secondly create a list of questions and answers based on your researches.
Analysis of KPI – an indicator of success – mobile and desktop delivery will also help to conclude about the effectiveness of mobile search queries, help identify and optimise the weak points of mobile search delivery of a site.
In Conclusion We just identified the main methods that will help you to increase the voice traffic:
- Analyse what people say.
- Follow the low-frequency queries,
- Use voice-friendly and natural keywords.
- Optimise website for mobile devices.Check the website visibility and speed on mobile devices and
- Creating Question and Answer-sections.