The website semantic core is a list of all words on the subject of the project, which serves as the basis for creating the general structure and individual pages of the site. Competent compilation of the semantic core will help the site get to the TOP of search engine results.
1. What is the semantic core
2. How to build a semantic core
2.1. How to build a semantic core from competitors’ keywords
2.2. How to create a semantic core of a site using similar keywords and search suggestions
2.3. The use of keywords used by competitors in contextual advertising
3. Clustering the semantic core
4. How to order a semantic core
5. An example of a semantic core
What is the semantic core
For the successful promotion of any site, you need a semantic core – a complete list of all keywords related to the topic of the resource, divided into groups that are similar in meaning. Semantics is used not only when creating and optimising a website, but also when launching an advertising campaign. Collect semantics manually and using various services. Keywords (keys) are selected by analysing the goods and services provided on the site, as well as the semantic cores of competitors. The main attention is paid to the statistics of the use of search queries, taking into account their seasonality. The main task is to create pages on the site for all queries that best meet the needs of the target audience. The creation of a semantic core is divided into the following stages: collection of keywords that describe in detail the content of the site, taking into account its topic and purpose; clustering of collected keys by sections and subsections of the project optimization of all pages for the groups of collected keywords. For online stores and service sites, when choosing keywords, they should be divided into commercial and non-commercial. The first group includes all phrases used by visitors who are most likely to become customers of the company. As a rule, they use the words “buy”, “order”, “price”, “cost” and others. Non-commercial queries are words that users enter in order to obtain certain information. Such requests do not always bring the target audience to the site, however, there may also be potential customers among such visitors. Another important criterion for grouping keywords is their frequency:
- High-frequency is the foundation of semantics: words that most succinctly describe the scope of the company. They are most often used when searching for sites on this topic, therefore, they have the highest competition in the market.
- Mid-range – keys that are slightly less popular, while remaining quite in demand.
- Low-frequency – such keys usually consist of several words and are used less often than the previous categories. The main advantage is a simpler promotion to the TOP and the ability to attract a “warm” target audience to the resource, which knows exactly what it needs.
Book your free phone consultation
How to build a semantic core.
There are such methods to collect the semantic core online:
1 Collecting the semantic core in search engine services.
2 Using the semantic core of a competitor.
3 Collection of similar key phrases and search suggestions.
4 Application of keywords used by competitors in contextual advertising.
Our services to help your website optimisation and visibility